- FHSAA – FAQ Home Education Student Eligibility This document answers all questions relating to home schooled student eligibility.
- Home Education County Contact List for Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach Counties.
Broward County Public Schools
1400 NW 14 Ct. Bldg. 17
Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 33311
Attn: Home Education
Florida Home Education Program
Attendance Services Miami-Dade
County Public Schools 489 East
Drive Miami Springs, FL 33166
School District of Palm Beach
Home Education Office
3308 Forest Hill Blvd., Suite C-124
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Helpful Information from the Home Education Foundation:
- Everything You Wanted to Know about Virtual Education This document gives the latest information about the virtual education choices. Very important to understand for eligibility in extracurricular activities.
- Guide to Virtual Education for Home Educators This document is a comparison of the different virtual education choices listed in the above document in an easy to read chart format.
Sport Season Registration Forms:
- Please print out the forms needed and carefully read all the directions.
- Please do NOT staple forms together.
- ALL forms (HEAT & FHSAA) are then sent or given to Coach Bob Bemis including the Verification Form (EL7V) when you receive it back from the school board.
HEAT Registration Packet – (REVISED 7/16)
Please read the Family Welcome Letter, Parent Guidelines, & Student-Athlete Guidelines and then return the Agreement Signature Form with your HEAT Registration Form. If you do not want to print out the entire packet, you can just print pages 1,2, & 7 that must be submitted.
FHSAA Forms Needed:
EL2– Participation Physical Evaluation – (REVISED 3/16)
This form is valid for 365 days.
EL3 – Consent and Release from Liability Certificate (REVISED 4/16)
Required form that educates about concussion and heat related illnesses.
EL7 & EL7V – Athletic Participation Registration Form & Verification Form for Home Education Student (REVISED 2016)
This also includes the Explanation of the FHSAA EL7 Form to help you fill out this form correctly. You many only want to print out the first 3 pages, plus the Sample Transcript Form instead of the complete document. These 4 forms are the only ones Coach Bob will need from this particular packet. Page 2 of the EL7 needs to be notarized. The EL7V Form (page 3) is the only form sent to your county school board and then submitted to Coach Bob. The EL7V form will be given to Coach Bob with your HEAT Registration packet and all the required FHSAA Forms listed or as soon as you receive it back from the school board if he already has the rest of your packet.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend you send a self addressed stamped envelope to the County with this EL7V form, and for a quicker process, put coach Bob’s address—listed below—on that self addressed stamped envelope so that the County will mail that signed Form directly to him.
Bob Bemis, Athletic Director
3170 NW 68th Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
VERY IMPORTANT – YOUR REGISTRATION MUST BE PROCESSED BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE – IT IS VITAL THEY ARE SUBMITTED TO COACH BOB BY THE DEADLINE GIVEN FOR EACH SPORT SEASON.
You will need to do all the above forms to register for the South Florida HEAT. Please be sure to get page 2 of the EL7 notarized and send only the EL7V to your county school board.
If you are entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grade you also need to include your transcripts. The Explanation of the FHSAA EL7 Form has a sample of what needs to be included.
If you are required to submit a transcript, remember to also attach actual school transcripts from “any” classes taken at a school, including dual enrollment classes. If your child attended a school (was not homeschooled last year or during any of their high school years), you will need to attach an actual school transcript from that school.